If you’re a graphic designer or artist, you know that changing colors is an essential part of creating stunning artwork in Adobe Illustrator. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced user, learning how to change color in Illustrator is crucial to your success.
In this article, we’ll show you how to change the color of an object in Illustrator, step-by-step. We’ll also discuss some tips and tricks to help you work more efficiently and effectively in the program.
You can also learn:
- How to Invert Colors in Illustrator
- How to Find Pantone Color in Illustrator
- How to Color Overlay in Illustrator
- How to Change Layer Color in Illustrator
Table of Contents
Step 1: Select the Object
Grab the Selection Tool from the left toolbar.
Now select the object using the Selection Tool that you want to color.
Step 2: Open the Color Panel
To open the Color Panel, go to Window > Color or press the shortcut key F6 from the keyboard. The Color panel is used to change the colors of the selected object.
Step 3: Choose the Color
You can choose the color you want to use in a variety of ways. You can select a swatch from the Swatches panel, create a custom color using the color sliders, or use the Eyedropper tool to select a color from an image or another element on your screen. You can also use the eyedropper tool to select the color as shown in the image below.
Step 4: Apply the Color
Finally, once you’ve chosen your desired color, it will be applied to the selected shape.
You can also use the Appearance panel to add additional fills or strokes and change their colors as well.
Tips and Tricks:
Here are some additional tips and tricks to help you work more efficiently and effectively when changing colors in Illustrator:
- Use the Recolor Artwork feature to experiment with different color schemes and adjust the colors of multiple objects at once.
- Save your custom colors as swatches for easy access in future projects.
- Use the Eyedropper tool to quickly select colors from an existing design or image.
- Consider using high-contrast colors to improve accessibility for viewers with visual impairments.
Changing the color of an object in Illustrator is a fundamental skill that every designer should know and master, as it is essential while you are working and designing. By following these steps and tips, you’ll be able to change colors quickly and easily, giving you more time to focus on creating stunning artwork that showcases your creativity and skill. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced user, learning how to change color in Illustrator is an essential step to success.
All Done! Enjoy.